Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Leaning Tower of Pizza



Ahh,  the great taste of Pizza. Somewhere between Queen Margherita di Savoia and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, pizza was born! From what I know, pizza is a bread. If you know how to make bread then you are set, if you don’t, start practicing. I don’t think that I could ever get sick of pizza. As my girlfriend said the other day, “there are so many great varieties!”
It’s very true. There are endless options with toppings, sauces and crusts.



The key to great pizza is the ingredients. You can’t settle for less than what you have been made for when it comes to eating food, especially in Italian cuisine. There are so many possibilities! You have to find what strikes you and go for it. Don’t be afraid of the great unknown.
 

One of the great debates has always been the crust. You have two traditions that have been battling it out. New York Style, which has a very thin crust. Then you have Chicago style, which has a deep crust and the sauce is put on the top, I repeat, the top.
So who is right..?  Personally I prefer the New york Style! This debate is infinite and I think it was made to be in that fashion!

Whatever pie you choose, make it a good one. There is nothing worse than having a crappy pizza on Friday night!  
CIAO!










No comments:

Post a Comment